[SOLVED] Laptop not getting maximum download speed

Jul 9, 2020
Hopefully someone can assist me.

Recently changed broadband provider with a max of 350mbp/s. My phone - Huwaei P30 Pro, achieves this download speed consistently whereas my laptop "only" achieves 50mbp/s, both are in the same room connected to the same band. My laptop is a hp 250 g4 windows 7 64bit (Old I know) so I'm assuming the issue is with some outdated hardware/software. But just throwing this question out there incase anyone has experienced something similar in the past and got around it. If not I'm happy with 50mbp/s but would obviously prefer those higher numbers if it's an easy solution.

Cheers everyone, have a good day!

Solution

Recently changed broadband provider with a max of 350mbp/s. My phone - Huwaei P30 Pro, achieves this download speed consistently whereas my laptop "only" achieves 50mbp/s, both are in the same room connected to the same band. My laptop is a hp 250 g4 windows 7 64bit (Old I know) so I'm assuming the issue is with some outdated hardware/software. But just throwing this question out there incase anyone has experienced something similar in the past and got around it. If not I'm happy with 50mbp/s but would obviously prefer those higher numbers if it's an easy solution.

The WIFI hardware on your laptop is only 2.4Ghz and single stream. You will be limited by that...

kanewolf

Titan

The WIFI hardware on your laptop is only 2.4Ghz and single stream. You will be limited by that. Your phone has newer 5Ghz WIFI hardware. That is why it gets much higer bandwidth numbers.

Solution