Question Laptop not recognizing hard drive and automatically going into recovery

lil___perv

Prominent
Jul 2, 2019
when my laptop boots up it automatically goes into recovery without the option for going into bios, when it gets into recovery only command prompt and shut down pc works. So i tried to check if it recognized the hard drive in my pc with commands diskpart and list, it only recognized cd\dvd rom and my usb which has windows 10 on it, then i tried to go into windows installation with the help of cmd because installing windows with recovery doesn't work, anyways it started the setup with no problem, i selected windows 10 home and thought i was ready to go, i clicked on the option to reset laptop files and install fresh windows, but i couldn't install it on anything since the hard drive wasn't recognized and the usb drive was full. ANY HELP WILL BE APPRECIATED!!!

popatim

Titan
Ok, that wouldn't be one of the cheapies I was thinking of.

You should be able to replace the drive with another HDD or upgrade to a sata SSD or possibly an NVME SSD but you would need to do research on the exact model you have to see if it supports an NVME drive.