Question Laptop not showing display

Polariux

Prominent
Mar 19, 2019
So when I start my 4 year old laptop its a 50% chance that its working fine and 50% chance that its not showing any display. If this happens, it also doesn't show anything if you connect it to a external monitor. I have tried to take out det battery, to drain it by holding in the powerbutton for 30s. Immidiatly it worked, but after restarting it a couple of times, the display didnt show. So i guess it was a coincidence?

Let me know if there is anything I can do to fix this problem! All help is appreciated.

Lutfij

Titan
Make and model of your laptop? An SKU would help us two fold. If the laptop has an externally detachable battery try removing the battery and work with just the power brick connected it essentially make it work like a desktop.

The issue you've mentioned, to me, seems like you're having a grounding issue(or rather a static charge build up on your laptop).

You could also remove the stick(s) of ram and clean the gold part(of the ram stick) with an eraser. Wipe clean before replacing it in the laptop.

Reactions: Polariux

Polariux

Prominent
Mar 19, 2019
Make and model of your laptop? An SKU would help us two fold. If the laptop has an externally detachable battery try removing the battery and work with just the power brick connected it essentially make it work like a desktop.

The issue you've mentioned, to me, seems like you're having a grounding issue(or rather a static charge build up on your laptop).

You could also remove the stick(s) of ram and clean the gold part(of the ram stick) with an eraser. Wipe clean before replacing it in the laptop.

Can I upload a photo of the Sku here somehow?
Its a Lenovo E31-70, 80KX.
I had to open the back, unplug the battery from the mobo and drag it out.
I can't locate the ram stick.