Question Laptop not turning on

7Ks

May 17, 2019
So, my laptop hasn't been on for about 1-2 months due to bad sector in my HDD. Replaced the thing and now it won't boot although the light which indicates that it is currently charging is on. Tried removing my bad battery off and it's still not booting.

There is a chance that I fried my mobo through my body static when I was tinkering with it a few weeks ago since I didn't neutralize the charge. But I didn't feel any pop or anything. Hoping there is a chance that my mobo is unaffected.

Thanks

With the battery out and system unplugged, open it and remove the CMOS battery from the motherboard. Hold in power button for 15-30 seconds. Plug in wall power only and see if it turns on. If it does not, remove RAM and drive, see if it turns on at all or at least gives you some error beeps or lights showing it's trying to boot. If none of that works, I'd say motherboard is bad.

Reactions: 7Ks

7Ks

May 17, 2019
With the battery out and system unplugged, open it and remove the CMOS battery from the motherboard. Hold in power button for 15-30 seconds. Plug in wall power only and see if it turns on. If it does not, remove RAM and drive, see if it turns on at all or at least gives you some error beeps or lights showing it's trying to boot. If none of that works, I'd say motherboard is bad.
thanks for the input, ill give it a try.