Laptop not using two RAM modules at the same time

Sep 29, 2018
Hello. I'm having a strange problem adding more ram to my laptop.
The laptop in question is an ASUS F554L, with a Samsung M471B5173DB0-YK0 RAM module (I'm not sure where it is located). It's 4GB DDR at 1600MHz. Under the laptop there's a lid that, when unscrewed, reveals a part of the motherboard with an extra RAM slot that indicates: 1.5v DDR3. I've removed a RAM module from an old ACER laptop, a 4GB pc3-12800s-11-10-b2, also DDR3 at 1600MHz.
My problem is: when I insert the ACER's RAM into the slot there's no memory increase: instead of having 8GB I still have 4GB shown in the BIOS and Windows.
Using memtest86 I've found out that when the ACER's RAM is not inserted, the Samsung one is listed in "RAM Info". When I insert the ACER'S RAM, memtest86 shows the ACER one in "RAM Info".
It's as if when inserting new RAM only that module is used, instead of both.
Could this be the reason? In that case, is there a way to use both at the same time? Or the RAMs are incompatible and my computer is deciding to just use one of them?
Thanks.

Update: Using CPU-Z, no RAM information is displayed under SPD.
It says I have two slots, but no information is displayed on any.
No_Slots.png

When I insert the RAM module, information is displayed under "Slot 1".
ACER_Ram.png

Update 2: Full laptop model is Asus F554LA-XX968H, with a X555LAB motherboard.

Sep 29, 2018

Thanks for the comment. Thing is, the RAM that came with the laptop seems to be soldered to the motherboard, I guess I'd have to get one just like the Samsung one.