Question Laptop Nvidia Graphics Card not detecting in Windows 10 or 11!!

Tahir Sanwari

Distinguished
May 26, 2015
Hello,
I've recently come across an issue where my Nvidia GTX 1650Ti Laptop Graphics card is not detecting on my windows. The problem started with my windows freezing and crashing with the blue screen of death error. After restarting, the same thing happened again after some time and then I realised that my display is running on the integrated AMD Radeon Graphics and not the Nvidia Graphics Card as it should.

I have already tried the following methods, but nothing worked:-
  1. Scanned for viruses, malware etc.
  2. Disable/Enabled and Uninstalled/Reinstalled the Graphics Card drivers. (Both through Nvidia Experience and Manually)
  3. Formatted the whole PC multiple times with both Windows 10 and Windows 11.
  4. Opened the back cover and cleaned/dusted the fans of my laptop.

Even after all this, my Graphics card doesn't seem to get detected on my PC. I have a feeling that it might be a Hardware Issue and that my graphics card might be dead becuz of overheating or something.

I have attached my Laptop specs that I exported from CPU-Z. (Notice that Nvidia GTX 1650Ti doesn't show up anywhere in the specs). The Laptop is just 1.5 Year old. Bought somewhere around August 2021.
I hope someone can help me with this. I just need someone to validate my suspicions that it is indeed a hardware problem. So that I know for sure I'll need to spend money to get it fixed properly.
Thank you.

PC Specs Link:-
https://pastebin.com/gvhVHGqP

Lutfij

Titan
I used the laptop's SKU to look for your BIOS versions. Seems you've got one BIOS version pending update. Do that and then see if that helps you. You can use your Use GPU-Z and see what comes up there. If not and you're under warranty for the laptop, initiate an RMA. there's nothing serviceable in there for you.

Formatted the whole PC multiple times with both Windows 10 and Windows 11.
Where did you source the installers for these OSes?

Tahir Sanwari

Distinguished
May 26, 2015
Hello.
Thank you for the reply.

I'm not exactly sure how to update my BIOS actually. I went to the hyperlink in your reply and downloaded the the BIOS firmware that was there (dated March 28 2022). I installed that but not sure if that's the only thing I need to do or if there's anything else. If you could help me with that. I have attached a screenshot of the one I downloaded for reference.

As for the GPU-Z, it does show my graphics card there. It shows both of them. AMD Radeon and Nvidia Geforce. I have attached a screenshot below of the specs from the same.

Formatted the whole PC multiple times with both Windows 10 and Windows 11.
Both the Windows OS were downloaded from the official Microsoft website. Through the Windows Media Creation Tool. I made a bootable USB and formatted from that.

The problem is, my laptop is not under warranty anymore as it's past the 1 Year Warrant that comes with it. So, if it is infact a hardware issue, I'll have to spend money to get it fixed. :(

Link to Images
View: https://imgur.com/a/0xeQcNH

Lutfij

Titan
If you're seeing (error) Code 43 in Device Manager, when right clicking on the display adapter(listed as GTX1650Ti) and if you corroborate the 0MB shown in GPU-Z(not to mention the 0's in clock speeds), that would mean your GPU is effectively dead. You can try and flash the discrete GPU's BIOS but I doubt TechPowerUp will have a VBIOS for your laptop, meaning you're out of luck if a call to HP's support says, they can't help you.