[SOLVED] Laptop only displays to external monitor after blue-screening ?

Jul 7, 2022
Using a Dell G7 7758 laptop, it decides when and when not to display to my external monitor. It works on and off but the off part is really quite annoying.
Out of the blue it will stop displaying to my monitor, and no matter which hdmi cord i use or which monitor i use i have the same issue. It fixes itself either with a bit of waiting, or after it blue screens.
Why?
I disabled and re-enabled integrated graphics, even uninstalled and reinstalled the driver for it.
Help.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

You might want to see what your current BIOS version for your laptop is. You can download and install CPU-Z and using the Mainboard tab, see what your current BIOS version is. Following that, what OS are you working with? If you're on Windows 10, what version(not edition) of the OS are you on? You can then turn your attention to the reinstalling the chipset drivers for your laptop, in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator. You should make sure you've sourced the latest drivers from Dell's support page.

As for your GPU, it only has the integrated GPU or does it have a discrete GPU as well? You sure about the model for your laptop? I'm coming across a 7588, not the 7758.

Jul 7, 2022
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

You might want to see what your current BIOS version for your laptop is. You can download and install CPU-Z and using the Mainboard tab, see what your current BIOS version is. Following that, what OS are you working with? If you're on Windows 10, what version(not edition) of the OS are you on? You can then turn your attention to the reinstalling the chipset drivers for your laptop, in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator. You should make sure you've sourced the latest drivers from Dell's support page.

As for your GPU, it only has the integrated GPU or does it have a discrete GPU as well? You sure about the model for your laptop? I'm coming across a 7588, not the 7758.

Yes my mistake it is the 7588, and through all my troubleshooting in device manager and BIOS, all it needed was a windows update.
Thank you either way though!

TRENDING THREADS