Laptop or Desktop?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nabecos

Reputable
Jul 7, 2015
Hey guys,
I'm gonna get some money in a few months... i dont know how much but i wanted to ask you if i should get a laptop or a desktop. I'm going to college but i also love gaming so i really dont know which one to choose. I could go for a gaming laptop but it is probably extremely expensive.
With the laptopt i'd like to play games such as skyrim etc... My goal would be the witcher 3 but that is kind of impossible with a short budget and with a laptop.
Finally could you recommend me some cheap gaming laptops?
Thank for your answers guys :D

Solution
There are only 2 reasons to get a laptop.

1. If you need the portability
2. If you have small space on your desk.

Performance and pricewise, there is no comparison.

nabecos

Reputable
Jul 7, 2015
I already have a laptopt the problem is that it's kinda old and since what im studying is computer stuff like programming etc.. I might need a good laptop at school.
I dont know :/

Desktops are Far better for gaming, if that is what you are going for. If you are looking for mobile gaming, there are gaming laptops... some of the lower end cheaper ones are not really the way to go. i.e. Lenovo Y50. I would stick with the better Alienware or MSI gaming laptops... but you would have to have a pretty nice budget to fit one of those into. Desktop can be upgraded when the Video card is no longer supported or you decide you want a better one, Laptops that's pretty much a no-go. Several desktops these days can handle up to 128gb of RAM.... there's no laptop that can do that... the most I have seen in a laptop was 32gb and it was on a $5,000 dollar Dell Precision. Not really a gaming rig.

Status
Not open for further replies.