[SOLVED] Laptop Overheating and throttling problem

Jan 26, 2021
Hello folks , so my problem with my laptop is overheating.I got this ASUS FX553VE gaming laptop with i5 7300HQ 2 years back and as i noticed fps drops a week before.After my research i found out

my cpu is overheating and under stress it locks at 85 degree.So i assume that this is the point which cpu starts to throttle.First frequency starts with 3.1 ghz then lowers to 1.7 as few minutes

past.Ichanged thermal past with a paste had 8.5 heat conductivity and cleaned all the parts needed to be clean.After this when i checked it again under stress now it throttles cpu again and stuck at 2.3

ghz.Thats someting of course but most users of this cpu gets full performance with their laptops so what should i do now.I guess i will get laptop cooler but there must be a way. shouldi try some other paste ?

Solution
Perhaps a couple hundred less MHz via tweaks in Intel's XTU might avoid the throttling....? FOr example, better to run 2.8 GHz consistently (if possible) than to try to hit/sustain 3.1 GHz and overheat in 3 minutes, etc...

It's worth a shot..

Also, try elevating the laptop an inch or two so at least it's airflow is less restricted...
Perhaps a couple hundred less MHz via tweaks in Intel's XTU might avoid the throttling....? FOr example, better to run 2.8 GHz consistently (if possible) than to try to hit/sustain 3.1 GHz and overheat in 3 minutes, etc...

It's worth a shot..

Also, try elevating the laptop an inch or two so at least it's airflow is less restricted...

Solution