Question laptop/PC screens

Mar 3, 2022
Hello,

Atm i have HP probook 455 g7 and i have problems to use it. View looks somehow too dark/sharp. I tryed to change brightness settings it didnt help much. I have dry eyes. It was much better when i was using my old good Aspire ES 1. I guess main problem is resolution. So i am thinking to try to buy budget laptop (400 eur/dollars) with 1368 x 768. There are quite a few options so i need advise what to pick. Laptop perfomance in general apart screen isnt important bc i need it only for work with office.

Also are all full hd laptops screens are more or less similar? i mean if i would try to use lets say lenovo 1920 x 1080 would it have same screen?

I also have same problem with PC monitor. I have curved samsung for around 100 eur/dollars and i hardly can use it (again view feels so sharp) i went back to my old samsung syncmaster 2043nw. Its better. But that monitor is very very old. I am thinking to try one more full hd monitor. Thinking about BENQ. Price would be up to 200 eur/dollars. What best option would be? would it be BENQ or maybe something else?

Thanks.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

If you're working off of a desk, why not look into hooking the laptop up to an external display(provided it has an external display output)? That way you can get a larger display and tweak the display to your eyes content.

Mar 3, 2022
i have your suggested option at my work place in office but problem is that my main (like 80% time) work place is in arhives so laptop is a must thing. Since i am not a tech guy i just dont know what to pick. I guess there is probably no "magic" laptop for me but hope there might be options that are best for eyes and i hope it gonna work for me.

i think 1366x768 can be better then 1920x1080 since view isnt that sharp (i hope so). But what to pick? what would you suggest?