laptop perforamnce help

Status
Not open for further replies.

spartaks2000

Reputable
Mar 21, 2018
i have lenovo y720 i want to ask can i increase performance upgrading ram(to 16gb)? currently 8gb single channel and will it increase performance if i put game in ssd?
im askint this because i see poeple in youttube showing off their laptop can run game like gta v on ultra with 50-70 fps WHILE RECORDING i do the same only without recording..... so im losing araund 20 fps

Solution
In that case, you'd be right. Going from single channel to dual channel would probably provide you with a performance boost. Sorry. I tend to forget that laptops generally start out with just a single RAM module.

-Wolf sends

Wolfshadw

Titan
1) 16GB of RAM will only help you if you're currently running out of RAM. If your system only uses up to 6GB out of 8GB, then using 6GB out of 16GB won't make any difference.

2) If your system is running the OS and games from an SSD, that should speed things up.

3) Don't believe everything you see on YouTube. If they're not faking the numbers, they're using highly modified settings in Windows to reduce CPU/RAM usage.

-Wolf sends

Wolfshadw

Titan
In that case, you'd be right. Going from single channel to dual channel would probably provide you with a performance boost. Sorry. I tend to forget that laptops generally start out with just a single RAM module.

-Wolf sends

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.