[SOLVED] Laptop Performance + Driver conflict?

Jan 8, 2020
I was using a new SSD [Win7 Ult 64bit ] in one laptop. i transferred it to a different laptop. the OS showed up with all my files but naturally I had to install drivers for the different laptop. Now when I open a browser, it works like mud and takes hours (or doesn't work at all) to open any page. the laptop also seems slower than it was. Could these 2 different sets of drivers that are now installed in the OS, be interfering with the laptop's performance and/or using too many resources?

Solution
I'd rather recommend installing the OS all over again. Windows isn't made for being transferred between different computers.
As mentioned by Grobe (and I quote Colif) when you try and transfer an OS from one computer to another, there will be one of 3 results. 1) it will work. 2) it will not boot 3) it will boot but you will be chasing problems for weeks. Welcome to option #3. Best to do a clean install.

I was using a new SSD [Win7 Ult 64bit ] in one laptop. i transferred it to a different laptop. the OS showed up with all my files but naturally I had to install drivers for the different laptop. Now when I open a browser, it works like mud and takes hours (or doesn't work at all) to open any page. the laptop also seems slower than it was. Could these 2 different sets of drivers that are now installed in the OS, be interfering with the laptop's performance and/or using too many resources?
Did you make sure to download and install all the drivers? Where did you download the drivers from? What is the model and specs of the previous laptop and the new laptop?

TRENDING THREADS