Laptop Ports

Dingerbell

Reputable
Apr 11, 2016
Hi,

I am struggling to identify one port on my Lenovo Thnkpad T480.

on the left hand side next to the power connector towards the front there is a connector which I can't confirm. I am looking for an adaptor to run a second external monitor from this port.

I have tried to upload an image but not sure if it has worked.

Any help appreciated

Thanks

AppleGwava

Reputable
Jul 11, 2016
Ports

With the ThinkPad T480, your dongle budget shrinks to zero. This Lenovo laptop has every port you could possibly need, including dual two USB 3.0 connectors, a full-size Ethernet port, HDMI-out and an SD card reader.

The T480 uses a USB Type-C port for charging and provides a separate Thunderbolt 3 connection for plugging into high-speed peripherals, such as external graphics cards. Charging over Type-C allows the laptop to use an entire ecosystem of third-party chargers and docks.

Extracted from
https://www.laptopmag.com/reviews/laptops/lenovo-thinkpad-t480

It seems to be a thumderbolt 3(Usb c) next to a e-sata

you can probably get a usbc-whatever conenction you need. More reseach would probably be need to confirm compatibility.

Cheers,
Alvis

Reactions: Dingerbell

Dingerbell

Reputable
Apr 11, 2016
Ports

With the ThinkPad T480, your dongle budget shrinks to zero. This Lenovo laptop has every port you could possibly need, including dual two USB 3.0 connectors, a full-size Ethernet port, HDMI-out and an SD card reader.

The T480 uses a USB Type-C port for charging and provides a separate Thunderbolt 3 connection for plugging into high-speed peripherals, such as external graphics cards. Charging over Type-C allows the laptop to use an entire ecosystem of third-party chargers and docks.

Extracted from
https://www.laptopmag.com/reviews/laptops/lenovo-thinkpad-t480

It seems to be a thumderbolt 3(Usb c) next to a e-sata

you can probably get a usbc-whatever conenction you need. More reseach would probably be need to confirm compatibility.

Cheers,
Alvis
Sorry to bother you again but the port I am looking at looks like a capital I laid horizontal yet the USB C connector seems more rounded without the lugs at each end.

Hope that makes sense. I'm not sure how to upload a picture on here