Question Laptop power bank

Lutfij

Titan
I'd get the Mophie unit. Are you only asking around for powerbank suggestions or also for which laptop to buy? If the latter, then please pass on a link or an SKU to both shortlisted laptops.

Nov 16, 2019
I'd get the Mophie unit. Are you only asking around for powerbank suggestions or also for which laptop to buy? If the latter, then please pass on a link or an SKU to both shortlisted laptops.
I've updated the original post with links to the laptops. Though my decision is geared this way - the Zephyrus G according to many reviews will last somewhat 9 hours for standard notebook use. In its case, maybe a power bank won't be necessary, but just in case.
However, I would think getting a power bank for the Helios 300 wud benefit me as it lasts less than 4 hours, with a power bank I can extract an extra full charge after the original charge dies down.
Both are similarly speced except CPU, the Helios wins in CPU (six cores compared to four), screen (slightly better refresh rate of 144Hz over 130Hz, but most importantly, 98% sRGB colour space opposed to 68% sRGB colour space) but the Helios is not as great as the Zephyrus G in battery life, looks and portability.
Even with the Zephyrus G, I might benefit from a power bank but not as much as the Helios, I will in due time make a VR backpack as shown here with the power bank giving extra juice as I play :
View: https://youtu.be/aBCqfy3W_B4

If you could, I would appreciate your input in this sphere too, if I should choose the portability and sleek looks over two extra cores, I want this rig to last me 4 years minimum but I'm fine with medium to high settings - I prefer open world games like GTA V, all the Assassin's Creed games, Far Cry, even some Cuphead, Jurassic World Evolution, Battlefield series (not yet, but I will get into it soon) and yea, the Star Wars games from EA .
Should I choose the Helios for a bit more power than can also be powered for longer with a power bank when needed (for light work) or the Zephyrus G which will definitely last for light work quite long but lacks two more cores which might come in handy a couple years later in the next generation of open world games.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS