Question Laptop power Light on but no display??? Plz Help

juyelbd60

Prominent
Sep 23, 2018
I have a asus x556uq. when i power on, the laptop show its on, also show the light, and colling fan working. But there is no Display in my laptop. I remove the battery, ram, Hdd, almost every way u tried. But no result. Plz help me. What is solution???

britechguy

Commendable
Jul 2, 2019
You may have a screen that's failed or a ribbon cable for the screen that's become incorrectly seated.

The first thing I'd try is connecting the laptop to an external monitor to be absolutely sure it's up and running normally. If it is, then seeking a screen repair is indicated.

juyelbd60

Prominent
Sep 23, 2018
You may have a screen that's failed or a ribbon cable for the screen that's become incorrectly seated.

The first thing I'd try is connecting the laptop to an external monitor to be absolutely sure it's up and running normally. If it is, then seeking a screen repair is indicated.
Thanks for answering. I tried your way. But there was no result. External monitor not show anything.

britechguy

Commendable
Jul 2, 2019
Well, the range of possibilities is truly endless, and given that you have no display on either the internal or external monitor something's got to be happening early in the boot process.

Does it even show the POST screen very shortly after being powered on on either display?

If it does not, you're likely going to need professional help from someone who can do hardware diagnostics. If you're still under warranty, since I see this machine is still being sold, I'd strongly suggest you consider pursuing repair under said warranty.

juyelbd60

Prominent
Sep 23, 2018
Well, the range of possibilities is truly endless, and given that you have no display on either the internal or external monitor something's got to be happening early in the boot process.

Does it even show the POST screen very shortly after being powered on on either display?

If it does not, you're likely going to need professional help from someone who can do hardware diagnostics. If you're still under warranty, since I see this machine is still being sold, I'd strongly suggest you consider pursuing repair under said warranty.
When i power on, the display show it on, that mean display show some light, and also show light when power of. i can see that only when i see display very deeply. ( sorry for my bad english)

britechguy

Commendable
Jul 2, 2019
Whether the backlight works or not is irrelevant here.

You have indicated that you see nothing at all as far as POST splash screen, etc., when powering up the computer on either display.

All indications are that the machine is very likely toast, for whatever reason, but that does not mean that the drive in it is the root cause or that the data on it is lost.

There is a limit to what can be done "by forum" under these conditions. I would strongly suggest you look into removing the HDD and retrieving any precious data from it as your first order of business.