Question Laptop powering issues

Sep 4, 2021
Hp elitebook 8560. The power button light and the fan of the laptop work for a second however the screen is black. the laptop doesn't even start without being plugged in even though I have charged it. would be grateful if someone could help

Last edited by a moderator:

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

If the laptop is connected to the wall and exhibits the issue you've stated above, might want to remove the rams from your laptop and then the internal battery. Disconnect from the wall, press and hold down the power button for 30 seconds and then reseat the ram and then plug to the wall(not the internal battery). See if the issue persists. Do you see any flashing LED's on the keyboard?

Reactions: Redox32
Sep 4, 2021
thanks for the reply. I will try to do what you recommended and will reply you in a day or so. but can you be a little bit more precise? is it a faulty ram, a dead battery or a damaged CPU cuz I surfed the internet for hours but couldn't find a solution

Sep 4, 2021
And no man i do not see any lights on the keyboard nor is your method working. Can you maybe suggest another method? Pls its urgent