Laptop Purchase Abroad

Sep 25, 2022
Absolute beginner question! I live in Poland most of the year and only travel back to the UK for short spells. My laptop needs replacing but I've always bought in the UK before.

Is there any difference to just buying my new one in Poland instead as it'd be much easier that way in terms of the purchase.

Of course the plug is different but as for the laptop itself am I right that they are the same and I would just have to switch Windows into English. Any other changes I would need to make?

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Your keyboard could vary in Poland vice the UK, and the local version of Windows could be installed instead of English. Otherwise, there should be no differences in the basic laptop itself.

Inthrutheoutdoor

Reputable
BANNED
Feb 17, 2019
The hardware itself should be (practically) identical, assuming there are no weird restrictions on computer equipment & its specifications by the Polish government....

And usually, buying stuff in your home country with your native currency is cheaper than having to worry about conversion tarrifs and the like, and windows should already be configured to your native language too....