Jun 20, 2015
Hi,
I am planning to buy a new laptop.

1. What is your budget? As less as possible

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? 15.6"

3. What screen resolution do you want? Full HD

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? Portable

5. How much battery life do you need? Standard

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)? I wouldn't mind some occasional gaming like GTA V

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.) None

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need? 512 GB SSD or 256 GB SSD + 1 TB HDD

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop? 4 years

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ? None

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
I am currently using a Dell Inspiron 15 3000 series one - i5 7th Generation. HP is also fine. Haven't tried any other brand.

13. What country do you live in? Pakistan

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
The specs I require are Core i7 11th Gen, 512 SSD or 256 SSD + a HDD. RAM can be either 16 or 8 GB. If it is 8, I will just add another 8.

I have shortlisted few options but couldn't find any reviews for these so I thought to ask here.
  1. Dell Vostro 3500 Laptop
  2. HP 15-DW3009nia
  3. Dell Inspiron 15 5502
  4. HP 15-DY2013CA
I have read somewhere on internet that Vostro has heating problems - is that true? For HP ones, I am not really sure about the build quality.

Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks.

Last edited:

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS