[SOLVED] Laptop Ram Question -- Dual or not dual channel?

Dec 13, 2021
Hi Everyone...

I have an Asus Zephyrus G14 (2021) With a Ryzen 9 5900HS and a RTX 3060 (6GB) Nvidia Graphics..

It came with 8GB Ram soldered onto the board a slot for 1 stick of Ram... I put in a 16GB DDR4 Stick of ram for a total of 24GB...

Do you think I should stick with that (From my understanding it isn't running dual channel) or should I put a stick of 8GB DDR 4 into it, to enable dual channel?

Would I notice any difference?

Thanks in advance

Feb 20, 2022
You will not notice the difference between single and dual channel -- if you require more memory just get what you think that you need, and best to use memory that is listed as supported for your laptop by either the notebook or memory manufacturer.
And how do I know if I need more memory? :rolleyes: I have a brand new ROG Zephyrus M16 with 16GB (8GB soldered + 8 GB) and I7/RTX3070 that I plan to use mostly for gaming. Is 16GB supposed to be enough? Any test that I can perform to see if RAM size is being a bottleneck? Thanks

RealBeast

Titan
And how do I know if I need more memory? :rolleyes: I have a brand new ROG Zephyrus M16 with 16GB (8GB soldered + 8 GB) and I7/RTX3070 that I plan to use mostly for gaming. Is 16GB supposed to be enough? Any test that I can perform to see if RAM size is being a bottleneck? Thanks
16GB is generally sufficient for current gaming unless you run other memory intense applications at the same time. Here are a few example games at various memory levels and game settings -- the graphs. And as you see 16GB should be adequate.

Reactions: TheItalianDude