[SOLVED] Laptop RAM sometimes dual channel some times just single channel

Jan 7, 2020
hey guys, i just bought ddr4 RAM Corsair 2133 Mhz 4gb, and i already have same RAM with 8 gb memory size.

so i have a laptop which is ideapad 310-14ikb. this laptop has Onboard RAM with 4GB size and have 1 slot of additional memory. the maximum memory size is 8GB. but, when i installed 4GB ram it just recognize a single channel. i think this is a problem because when i put 8GB ram, if like what i want the channel status became dual channel, but some times, with 8gb too it display just a single channel. how it can be happened? i'm about a year using 8gb one, although max. memory size is 8gb(onboard ram included) but it just really fine until i faced this problem.

so now in BIOS and Windows OS it just recognized 4gb onboard ram.
(but it still detected on cpu-z )

additional ram some times recognized sometimes not

and how to make this RAM running in dual channel ?

*sorry if my english so bad, i'm not a native

Solution
yes i'm on 1909. i fixed it thank you, this problem occurs if you don't stop the electricity flow in your motherboard. if your laptop is lenovo ideapad you can turn off your computer then pres fn+s+v to stop the electricity. check whether the electricity is turned off by pressing the power button if it does not turn on it means the electricity is really stoped.

after that, you can reinstalled your RAM.
Jan 7, 2020
yes i'm on 1909. i fixed it thank you, this problem occurs if you don't stop the electricity flow in your motherboard. if your laptop is lenovo ideapad you can turn off your computer then pres fn+s+v to stop the electricity. check whether the electricity is turned off by pressing the power button if it does not turn on it means the electricity is really stoped.

after that, you can reinstalled your RAM.

Solution