Question Laptop Ram Upgrade

Aug 4, 2021
Good day! Can anyone help me because I recently bought a 16GB single ram stick and I do not know that the 4GB is soldered in the motherboard. So when I inserted the 16GB into my laptop and opened it, it does not show the 16GB ram rather it just shows the 4GB. (I attached pictures of it View: https://imgur.com/gallery/xAs3fHc

But when I opened CPU-z it shows that my ram is 16GB.The limit of my laptop ram is only 16GB.

Do i need to buy a 8gb ram stick to have a total of 12GB and not 20GB? I need some clarifications. Thank you!

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Can you please mention the make and model of your laptop? An SKU will help us two fold. You should also use CPU-Z, motherboard's tab, to show you what BISO version you're on at the time of writing. To add, please parse a link to the stick of ram you purchased to understand if you've got the right one.

Reactions: Deuswa
Aug 4, 2021
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Can you please mention the make and model of your laptop? An SKU will help us two fold. You should also use CPU-Z, motherboard's tab, to show you what BISO version you're on at the time of writing. To add, please parse a link to the stick of ram you purchased to understand if you've got the right one.
I provided the photos :)