Laptop random shutsdown

Tedy_Ed

Reputable
Apr 14, 2015
Hello stranger.

The last couple of days my laptop just shuts down but not completly. It becomes black but the fan is still running. Also, the light of the power on/off switch is still on. My laptop is a HP Pavilion g7 windows 7 home premium 64-bit SP1. AMD A6-4400 APU with Radeon HD graphics. 6GB RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7520G. Model nr : g7-2052sd.
Hope you guys can help me out :D

Tedy_Ed

Reputable
Apr 14, 2015

What I just do when that happens is press de power on/off button till the laptop is shutdown.

cilliers

Honorable
Jul 13, 2012

Tedy_Ed

Reputable
Apr 14, 2015

cilliers

Honorable
Jul 13, 2012
Please press "windows button" & "r". Then type "powercfg.cpl" in the box and hit enter. In the panel that comes up, click on "change when the computer sleeps". Select "never". If this solves the problem, let us know.

Tedy_Ed

Reputable
Apr 14, 2015

I just checked and it's already on 'never'.

Tedy_Ed

Reputable
Apr 14, 2015

I just have one monitor. The one thats atached to my laptop.

cilliers

Honorable
Jul 13, 2012
The charger should be fine then. It would be good if you could manage to try another charger though, just to be sure.
In the meantime:

When was the last time you restarted the machine? Does the problem persist upon a fresh reboot? Try completely shutting down the laptop. Then remove the power cord from the laptop, then remove the battery for 5 minutes. Then put back the battery and the power cord and start it back up.
Have you selected a different power scheme to test it yet?
Are you perhaps accidentally pushing the sleep button when gaming?

I'm sorry if I'm asking these seemingly "dumb" questions, but the next level of troubleshooting is going to get very technical and I would like to check the obvious stuff off the list first.

Tedy_Ed

Reputable
Apr 14, 2015

Last time was yesterday before I went to bed. Started the laptop a couple of hours ago, stardes CS GO and like I said, the laptop shut down. Waited a 5 to 10 minutes and started the laptop again to watch tv series. Not have selected another scheme. When I play games It auto changes to 'Razer Cortex Power Plan'. To get higher game performens and such. I'll try the thing you sujested. And no. There is no way I coul'd press the on/off button while gaming. It's to far away.

Tedy_Ed

Reputable
Apr 14, 2015

Jus done what you said. I will tel you if it shuts down. Tonight I won't play any games. Tommorow I prob. will. I'll keep you up to date.

Tedy_Ed

Reputable
Apr 14, 2015

This is what happened. After you helped me, that day, I was just watching TV series, using the web. The day after I did the same but also played some games. So wensday it just shut down twice. Both happened when I exited the game I was playing. And the last 2 days I've got 3 Blue Screens of Death...
So, what's going to happen now?

KylecJarvis

Reputable
May 15, 2015
I am also interested in this topic as my "gaming" laptop is doing much the same and has been for the past couple of weeks. Exactly as this fellow describes. I'll try and do as suggested with the battery and the like. Though I get the feeling it may be something more technical.

Tedy_Ed

Reputable
Apr 14, 2015
It happens almost every time when I quit a game. Or it is a Blue screen, or it is a shut down. One time something weird, colours where all over the place en lines.