Question Laptop randomly crashes when it's running on battery ?

Oct 12, 2024
After so many attempts to solve this issue, i decided to open this thread and hopefully will find the right fix for it. So after doing some researches ,a lot of people owning vivobook pro models are expiencing the same issue . I have tried many solutions, but none seem to work, so i decided to check the laptop fully on my own.

Recently I just realized that the laptop never crashes when It's plugged in, but when running on battery it randomly goes pitch black or pixelated screen and I have to do a force restart everytime (you never know when it happens).

So i bought another battery, thinking this might be the issue, and guess what: It did not fix it!
There must be something between battery and motherboard that seem to be not right. Any ideas ?

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

After so many attempts to solve this issue, i decided to open this topic and hopefully will find the right fix for it.
+
I have tried many solutions, but none seem to work, so i decided to check the laptop fully on my own.
What have you done prior to the creation of this thread?

a lot of people owning vivobook pro models are expiencing the same issue .
We can narrow down that you own an Asus Vivobook Pro. Can you please state the model/SKU to your laptop? Would help us understand it's specs and what you have to work with.

the crash never happens,but when on battery, it randomly goes pitch black or pixelated screen and you have to do a force restart everytime(you never know when it happens).
You mean the laptop locks up and the only way to get out of it is a reboot? Can you replicate the issue? Can you take a picture of the pixelation next time it happens?

What OS are you working with? Have you checked to see if the laptop is pending a BIOS update?

Oct 12, 2024

After so many attempts to solve this issue, i decided to open this topic and hopefully will find the right fix for it.
+
I have tried many solutions, but none seem to work, so i decided to check the laptop fully on my own.

We can narrow down that you own an Asus Vivobook Pro. Can you please state the model/SKU to your laptop? Would help us understand it's specs and what you have to work with.

the crash never happens,but when on battery, it randomly goes pitch black or pixelated screen and you have to do a force restart everytime(you never know when it happens).
You mean the laptop locks up and the only way to get out of it is a reboot? Can you replicate the issue? Can you take a picture of the pixelation next time it happens?

What OS are you working with? Have you checked to see if the laptop is pending a BIOS update?
Thanks.
Windows 11.

As for the BIOS, I reset it, even updated it later but the issue still occurs . Imagine this happened while i was installing win 11 even, while on battery.

Oct 12, 2024

+

Sorry, i just saw now properly the reply you sent me.
SN number is: N1N0CX112156020
Yes , the screen suddenly turns black or sometimes full of colorful pixels all over the screen and you can t do anything, but force restart. The issue happens mostly when i start using discord or whatsapp web for calls. I will find a similar pic of another vivobook model and send it here.