Question Laptop randomly powers off after 15-30 minutes ?

Jun 12, 2022
After powering on, my laptop (HP Envy x360, Windows 10) will suddenly power off about 15-30 minutes later. Then, after powering it on for a second time, I will be greeted with a message saying "The operating system did not shut down cleanly. Deconstructing Cache Metadata."..., and after waiting about a minute it will run consistently (without randomly powering off) until putting it to sleep or powering it off again.

I've tested it with the charging cord plugged in and it produces the same result. I plan on removing the battery and testing it again. I'd greatly appreciate it if anybody has any insight on or any other methods to troubleshoot this issue. Thanks.

I've tested it with the charging cord plugged in and it produces the same result. I plan on removing the battery and testing it again. I'd greatly appreciate it if anybody has any insight on or any other methods to troubleshoot this issue. Thanks.

If the problem also occurs with the AC adapter plugged in, I don't see why you need to remove the battery for testing.

Can you describe how the laptop shuts down? Was it like a regular shutdown by exiting Windows or it suddenly has no power at all?

Jun 12, 2022
If the problem also occurs with the AC adapter plugged in, I don't see why you need to remove the battery for testing.

Can you describe how the laptop shuts down? Was it like a regular shutdown by exiting Windows or it suddenly has no power at all?

So sorry for the late reply. I appreciate the response. The shutdown doesn't seem to exit Windows. The screen first goes dark and the power stays on for a few seconds (the power light is still on). Then, after about 5-10 seconds, the screen goes entirely black and the power light turns off.