Question Laptop randomly stuttering and crashing ?

Valencious

Prominent
Jun 11, 2022
Hi!

I've noticed that my Laptop starts to stutter and then randomly crashes. I've done a 2hr Ram-Dyagnosis and found nothing (luckily). I checked the Windows event logs and found, that there is a Kernel and Driver issue. I've undervolted my CPU and now the Stuttering appears a bit later. Since there was an, I think, Nvidia driver related critical event, I'm going to make a reinstall of the Nvidia Drivers. Please post ur thoughts to help fix this issue!

(I'll keep yall updated)
Edit1: The Windows error code is "DPC Watchdog Violation"

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
If you know what ssd go to their site and download their software with which you can do a health check on the ssd. Make sure you have back ups and maybe even consider reinstall of windows.

For specs if you don't know what ssd,

download hwinfo,
install and open it=click run,
close the top window which is the system summary,
in the main window at the left top click "save report",
at the bottom of the next window check "Summary for Clipboard",
after that you'll see what's in the pc,
Before you close the "system summary" could you probably see there also what ssd you have.

I guess that the reinstall of Nvidia drivers didn't help? You got the latest of Nvidia or the site of your laptops brand? Have stutters without drivers installed for the gpu?

Valencious

Prominent
Jun 11, 2022
If you know what ssd go to their site and download their software with which you can do a health check on the ssd. Make sure you have back ups and maybe even consider reinstall of windows.

For specs if you don't know what ssd,

Before you close the "system summary" could you probably see there also what ssd you have.

I guess that the reinstall of Nvidia drivers didn't help? You got the latest of Nvidia or the site of your laptops brand? Have stutters without drivers installed for the gpu?
Its sum Samsung SSD.
Also, I fixed it rn. But, if the system crashes, it'll reappear. My GPU is a 940MX and the Latest Drivers are from 2018..