Question Laptop rebooting after upgrading laptop's ram.

Apr 14, 2021
Hi everyone, hope you can help me with this problem.
I have a Toshiba Satellite E45-B4200 laptop, this laptops came with 6GB of ram, one 4GB stick and another 2GB stick , and after some years of use I have decided to upgrade to 16GB of ram. The problem comes here, I'd adquired two corsair value select ram modules 8GB each one (the model is cmso8gx3m1C1600c11) and when both sticks where installed turned on the laptops and it booted directly to the bios (this is normal because this laptop doesn't have a battery for the bios, it uses the laptops battery, so everytime the battery is removed the bios settings comes to default) then I entered into the OS, but after a few seconds it shutted down without a BOSD, rebooted and made the same thing. After this I tought that a ram module was bad, so I tested them individualy and the laptops works perfectly with just one ram stick (no matter wich one and no matter wich slot). I've tested it also with a new ram memory and the old 4 GB module and "it work well" because when I use this ram configuration the laptop reboot afer some minutes of use and after reboot it works without a problem.

I have a week with problem, in this time I've un installed windows and reinstalled it in csm and in uefi compatibility, checked for all drivers to make sure that it was no the problem, tested both ram modules individually in both slots each one. I have read in other forum that some people with similar problems boot their PC's with the HDD disconected, so I tried it with my laptops SSD but have no success, monitored the PC with software like CPU-Z, HW monitor, etc to see if there was a voltage problem or an exessive ram use but everything looks fine and also I've tested the modules with the windows tool to test memories.

Other thing to know its that when windows 10 its installed in csm compatibility mode everey time use both sticks of ram it crashes
and many colored horizontal lines appear on the screen and I am forced to turn off the laptop with the power button. This dosen't happen with the laptop in UEFI mode, it just reboots. The event viewer doesn't shows any errors related to the memory.

I have seen a video where some guy mades a ram upgrade to a similary model (the laptop of the video have an i5 processor of fifth gen and mine is of forth gen), the guy installs a "high performance ram" and it says to flash the bios, but there idk if it will solve my problem because I have the last bios update that toshiba launched for this model.

Idk what else I can do to know whats the proble with my laptop, hope you can help me

Hi everyone, hope you can help me with this problem.
I have a Toshiba Satellite E45-B4200 laptop, this laptops came with 6GB of ram, one 4GB stick and another 2GB stick , and after some years of use I have decided to upgrade to 16GB of ram. The problem comes here, I'd adquired two corsair value select ram modules 8GB each one (the model is cmso8gx3m1C1600c11) and when both sticks where installed turned on the laptops and it booted directly to the bios (this is normal because this laptop doesn't have a battery for the bios, it uses the laptops battery, so everytime the battery is removed the bios settings comes to default) then I entered into the OS, but after a few seconds it shutted down without a BOSD, rebooted and made the same thing. After this I tought that a ram module was bad, so I tested them individualy and the laptops works perfectly with just one ram stick (no matter wich one and no matter wich slot). I've tested it also with a new ram memory and the old 4 GB module and "it work well" because when I use this ram configuration the laptop reboot afer some minutes of use and after reboot it works without a problem.

I have a week with problem, in this time I've un installed windows and reinstalled it in csm and in uefi compatibility, checked for all drivers to make sure that it was no the problem, tested both ram modules individually in both slots each one. I have read in other forum that some people with similar problems boot their PC's with the HDD disconected, so I tried it with my laptops SSD but have no success, monitored the PC with software like CPU-Z, HW monitor, etc to see if there was a voltage problem or an exessive ram use but everything looks fine and also I've tested the modules with the windows tool to test memories.

Other thing to know its that when windows 10 its installed in csm compatibility mode everey time use both sticks of ram it crashes
and many colored horizontal lines appear on the screen and I am forced to turn off the laptop with the power button. This dosen't happen with the laptop in UEFI mode, it just reboots. The event viewer doesn't shows any errors related to the memory.

I have seen a video where some guy mades a ram upgrade to a similary model (the laptop of the video have an i5 processor of fifth gen and mine is of forth gen), the guy installs a "high performance ram" and it says to flash the bios, but there idk if it will solve my problem because I have the last bios update that toshiba launched for this model.

Idk what else I can do to know whats the proble with my laptop, hope you can help me
Where these 2 ram sticks a kit or 2 separate sticks?

they are separeted sticks, CPU-Z shows the same info for both sticks when in dual channel. They may fail even if they are running equals? because the old ram modules doesn't runs equals and have no fails with them.
It's possible the 2 ram sticks have just enough difference that they don't play nice together.

Send the sticks back and then look here.
https://www.crucial.com/compatible-upgrade-for/dynabook-toshiba/satellite-e45-b4200

Or if your feeling brave update the bios.