[SOLVED] Laptop recognises charger but isn't charging

al92

Reputable
Oct 29, 2017
Hey,
I've got an HP Pavilion gaming laptop - HP 15-bc350na. In the past few days, I've noticed that it wasn't charging all the time when I was using it on the power supply, but initially it was intermittent enough for me to assume that the charger cable hadn't been seated properly, or the cable into the transformer had come loose.

Today it hasn't charged at all. When I plug the cable in, the indicator light on the side of the laptop was flashing white, but the laptop wasn't charging. I can't tell if the charger is faulty, the port or the battery. Can anyone help me find out? It's on 10% battery now so can't do any lengthy diagnostics on it unless I can get it to charge again.

Cheers

Solution
For anyone else finding this thread, the problem turned out to be one particular plug socket on a strip of 5 on an extension lead. I didn't realise it was possible for one plug on a strip to be faulty so hadn't checked that.
Apr 26, 2020
Hello al92,

I am sorry you have problems with your Laptop, I think it should be as easy as taking the battery out, cleaning the contacts then putting it back in. If this doesn't help, contact me.

Hope this helps,
Naly A

al92

Reputable
Oct 29, 2017
For anyone else finding this thread, the problem turned out to be one particular plug socket on a strip of 5 on an extension lead. I didn't realise it was possible for one plug on a strip to be faulty so hadn't checked that.

Solution