[SOLVED] Laptop recomendation (i7-1065g7) (coding)

DarK_FirefoX

Reputable
Jul 27, 2015
Hi. I am deciding on a new laptop. I've found a offer on bestbuy:

Dell - Inspiron 17.3" Laptop - Intel Core i7-1065g7 - 16GB Memory - 256GB Solid State Drive - 1TB Hard Drive - Black

On a very fair price (220 off) and got me wonder cause I havent seen any benchmarking or reviews on the new intel core i7-1065g7 processors with intel iris plus integrated graphics.

So. I would love your thoughts on this deal? Is this new processor and graphics at all reliable? Is it a good computer for coding (visual studio)?

Thanks in advance

Ps: this laptop does not have fullHd screen, only hd+.. And i dont really care about it. I will be using it for coding and research (not gaming, streaming, movies or rendering whatsoever)

Solution
Whew. that's not half bad. for a price like that... that's like £570 here. I say go for it.
Addendum: You can easily find more stats about the processor and such by looking it up, I checked for benchmark stats and it seems good from my perspective. it's mid-range, but that doesn't mean it's bad. for what you're doing it's perfect, even for things you wouldn't likely to be doing it's pretty good. I would recommend you use headphones or external speakers though, but since you don't even mind the HD+ it likely wouldn't bother you if the sound isn't super great.

thunderclaw98

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2014
Honestly? for what you are doing with it I would say it's probably a little overkill. that being said, it does sound like a damn good deal to me - though I don't know what the price is as you only said how much off it is. could you give me the exact model number? the Inspiron is a fairly large series and I can't actually find anything with those exact specifications so though it sounds like a pretty good deal based on what you have said it is a little hard to tell.

Reactions: DarK_FirefoX

thunderclaw98

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2014
Whew. that's not half bad. for a price like that... that's like £570 here. I say go for it.
Addendum: You can easily find more stats about the processor and such by looking it up, I checked for benchmark stats and it seems good from my perspective. it's mid-range, but that doesn't mean it's bad. for what you're doing it's perfect, even for things you wouldn't likely to be doing it's pretty good. I would recommend you use headphones or external speakers though, but since you don't even mind the HD+ it likely wouldn't bother you if the sound isn't super great.

Solution
Mar 23, 2020
Hi. I am deciding on a new laptop. I've found a offer on bestbuy:

Dell - Inspiron 17.3" Laptop - Intel Core i7-1065g7 - 16GB Memory - 256GB Solid State Drive - 1TB Hard Drive - Black

On a very fair price (220 off) and got me wonder cause I havent seen any benchmarking or reviews on the new intel core i7-1065g7 processors with intel iris plus integrated graphics.

So. I would love your thoughts on this deal? Is this new processor and graphics at all reliable? Is it a good computer for coding (visual studio)?

Thanks in advance

Ps: this laptop does not have fullHd screen, only hd+.. And i dont really care about it. I will be using it for coding and research (not gaming, streaming, movies or rendering whatsoever)

Hi DarK!

I am thinking about buying a laptop with i7-1065G7 processor for react-native coding.

Did you buy it finally? How does it work for coding? :)