Laptop Recommendation For Rendering

Antiseptic

Prominent
Feb 1, 2021
We are looking for a laptop that will be used in architectural studies for an architect relative and can render his works. Unfortunately, we can't buy a desktop computer due to constant travels.

The main ones to be used are programs such as rhino 3D, rhino vray, SketchUp, Adobe CS Photoshop programs, 3DS Max, AutoCAD, Adobe Premiere.

First of all, we conducted research on which processor (AMD vs Intel) it should be, but thanks to the fanboys, we could not reach quality information, so I would be happy if there is an objective evaluation. What are your recommendations for CPU? As far as we understand, some of the programs I have counted require processor performance in terms of rendering and work, but of course the video card has an importance, how should the video card be at least? There are those who say "16 GB is enough" about RAM, but also those who say "32 GB is ideal for this job", we want to get information from friends who have experienced the situation.

To be honest, we do not have enough budget to buy a 32gb ram laptop. We are considering buying a laptop with 16gb ram. Is 16GB not enough?

We already think that the storage unit should be an undisputed NVMe M.2 SSD, but we are mostly stuck with the processor, graphics card and RAM. Although we have information about these hardware rather than the model, we decide on a product accordingly.

I'm waiting for your help.

Antiseptic

Prominent
Feb 1, 2021
Budget?

As far as RAM....
I use Rhino3D a lot. Almost daily, for building models to go to my printer.
With complex models, my 32GB sometimes not enough.

Our budget is up to 2000 euros. We live in Greece. Currently, my relative is using a laptop with 8gb ram. It can render, but it takes a long time. He is an architect. With a budget of 2000 Euros, we want to buy something nice.

Antiseptic

Prominent
Feb 1, 2021
I don't know your local marketprices, but 16GB for that use is pretty slim.
Our local market prices are completely high. We live in Greece but the sellers think we are rich like the kings of the UAE and charge very high prices.

We want to buy from Amazon.de because Amazon sells products at relatively affordable prices.