Question Laptop Recommendation.

Inemity

Reputable
Jun 6, 2014
Posting the checklist to make it easier:

1. What is your budget? $300-$400 May be able to go a little higher.

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? At least a 15 inch.

3. What screen resolution do you want? At least 15 inch.

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? No

5. How much battery life do you need? Doesn't matter, will have ability to plug in at all times.

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)? Mainly Facebook games. Nothing super demanding. No AAA titles or anything like that.

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.) Printing photos, web browsing

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need? Doesn't matter

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop? As long as it lasts.

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ? No optical drive really necessary.

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons. It's for my mother, and she likes Dell. But if there is something better that is a different brand, that's something I can talk her into.

13. What country do you live in? U.S.

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed. It's going to be a daily driver for mainly web browsing and Facebook/hidden object games. It's for my mother so it won't be used for gaming at all.

Last edited:

electroguy

Honorable
Feb 7, 2014
Judging by what you will be doing; I would recommend you to buy a laptop with an SSD and keep an eye for the processor and RAM. I do not live in the US but I can help you with what to look out for:
screen: most definitely check to have this non-glare type
Drive: Look for an SSD
other than that, on that price point I do not know if you can sift for other preperties. One thing to look for might be to get one with an intel i designation rather than a pentium or celeron. Like an i3 7020 or something. The SSD is very important because you would get 10-15 second boot times with it; rather than the 1 minute ones from an HDD.