Question Laptop Recommendations For Daughter Please

Witterings

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2016
I think my daughter hurled her last laptop at someone who totally deserved it (says she dropped it) and it's pushing up the daisies as a result so she's now looking for a new one.

Really interested to see what recommendations people may have apart from the PC World / Curry's options within the £650 range ideally .... although but she could push the boat out to £1000 if needs be although personally I don't think that's necessary.

She's not a "gamer" and is more for day to day student life including e-mail, office and watching videos mainly but does like storing photos on it so ideally 1tb + would be good and in my mind i5+ is fine.

Any suggestions would be really appreciated!

Sep 19, 2020
Hi Witterings

I understand your daughter needs a large storage space for photos and other media stuff, but I would personally recommend you to go with SSD instead of HDD. Most of the laptops come with 1TB SSD, the only problem is that HDDs are quite slower than SSDs.

I'm currently using this: https://www.amazon.com/HP-Pavilion-Touchscreen-i5-1035G1-Wireless-AC/dp/B087SD98F4/ and it's working absolutely great for me.

There are many great laptops under this price segment, like a few listed here. You can take a look at the model numbers and can purchase from anywhere you want.

TRENDING THREADS