Question Laptop recommendations needed (~1500$)

cutiegardevoir

Honorable
Feb 25, 2018
I am thinking of buying a laptop for gaming/everyday use/school/university(in future). My budget is around 1500-1600$ and I'll be buying one around December so prices and budget can change. I want it to stay relevant for around 4-5 years at least (even if after 4 years new games won't run on highest settings, I am used to lowest anyway) so I can finish school and university without needing to change. Only thing a laptop has to have is a 17" inch screen, I always had a PC with big screen so going to small is quite difficult.

Well explained recommendation are appreciated. You can also link me to some other website where you think they state good laptops under 1500-1600$.

EDIT: Refresh Rate and resolution also do not really matter to me, I am very used to 60Hz 1080p and it is totally fine.

I am thinking of buying a laptop for gaming/everyday use/school/university(in future). My budget is around 1500-1600$ and I'll be buying one around December so prices and budget can change. I want it to stay relevant for around 4-5 years at least (even if after 4 years new games won't run on highest settings, I am used to lowest anyway) so I can finish school and university without needing to change. Only thing a laptop has to have is a 17" inch screen, I always had a PC with big screen so going to small is quite difficult.

Well explained recommendation are appreciated. You can also link me to some other website where you think they state good laptops under 1500-1600$.

EDIT: Refresh Rate and resolution also do not really matter to me, I am very used to 60Hz 1080p and it is totally fine.

Do not buy a gaming laptop. Such a thing does not exist. devices advertising themselves as a gaming laptop cannot be used as a laptop to game. You might get a few hours battery from it when charged 100% then you will be attached to the wall. You also cannot game on one without a controller or mouse so you need a table.

Split the budget, spend the lowest you can on a laptop that's small has a small amount of SSD storage (128GB for example) and a relitivly recent CPU like a 2c/4t i5 or i7. That will get productivity done. Spend the remaining amount on a desktop. I'd normally recommend a MacBook for uni because nothing beats them but that would only leave you 400-500 for a tower, peripherals and monitor.