laptop redbacklight wont shut off

Status
Not open for further replies.

shenanigar

Reputable
Feb 17, 2014
Hello, I have a asus rogg752 laptop. It has a red light on the back that seems to stay on even when i shut down the laptop. I've had it for almost a year and i dont remember the light staying on until a couple months ago. I have a international flight back to the states coming and i dont want to get bothered because of the redlight.

I've tried disabling fast start. I also posted over on the rog forums a few months back and nobody had any good advice to fix the problem with the light. This is the light near the fans on the back of the laptop.

Do you guys know of any tricks to shut the light off that im not aware of?

Thanks for the help.

Solution

usually holding the power button for 30sec should do the trick but since your laptop is still under warranty,warranty might be void if u try to...

shenanigar

Reputable
Feb 17, 2014
vxz0LNO.jpg

Its over the vents. Hasnt shut off in months.

shenanigar

Reputable
Feb 17, 2014
How to do that? Another thing is this is under warranty if i do a power drain im going to have to mess with a internal battery which will void my warranty. I'm also not the most tech savvy person.

My fear is when i fly back to America from Asia i get bothered trying to board the flight with this light on my laptop. The states have new rules with laptops that just got put in place to test them and be more strict. Obv my laptop is a hulking beast thats really heavy and if anything is a potential bomb it would be the laptop that has the redlight on the back that doesnt shut off.

kookie3010

Honorable

usually holding the power button for 30sec should do the trick but since your laptop is still under warranty,warranty might be void if u try to disconnect the battery.have u check in bios incase there are any specific settings

Solution

shenanigar

Reputable
Feb 17, 2014
Yeah that hold for 30 second on the power button did the trick for some reason. Kind of funny nobody on the official rog forums gave me that suggestion. Its kind of annoying i dont know why i dont have a setting to have it not be on when the computer is off.

Anyways as usual this forum comes through. Thanks so much man really appreciate your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.