facebook01378

Commendable
Apr 7, 2018
I have an Asus GL702ZC:
RX 580 (19.12.1 2019 adrenaline drivers) ----- GPU undervolt -81mV
Ryzen 5 1600
16 GB RAM (dual)
Win10 x64 latest

Ryzen Master shows 1.3-1.4V fresh from boot up, so I'm running on a quite a big CPU undervolt
Running on 3.2GHz at 1V (PROFILE 1) or 3.4 GHz at 1.085V (PROFILE 2 for more demanding games). It's stable, only once did I get a WHEA error after 2 hours of Metro Exodus at 3.4 GHz (sudden restart). It said, in event viewer, about cache instability (4 critical whea errors, all about the CPU) etc. so I assumed that for that demanding game, 1.075V I had back then was a loo low voltage even when plugged in (rose to 1.085V).

However, 2nd time now in I think 6 months I had the following when playing Civilization 6 (high settings, GPU is consantly 100% and CPU is heavily used):

I'm playing the game and it's all normal, good FPS, temperature around 70 on CPU and 65 on GPU (liquid metal repaste 1y ago). Comparing with stock ASUS temps it's 10-15 C lower with undervolt and repaste.
However, twice have I accidentally violently unplugged the laptop from the power source with my leg. Both times, during the heavy gaming my laptop restarted the moment it got plugged off. It restarted nicely, no problems whatsoever.

Is the battery too weak to keep it turned on during gaming? When it restarts the battery shows 98% or such, and it's current wear is 9.8%. Of course, Cache instability WHEA was shown on both restarts in event viewer. Undervolt too large for the battery without power source?

TRENDING THREADS