Question Laptop running very hot

May 6, 2021
Hello,

I have an Asus GL753VD with a 7700HQ CPU, 32GB of ram and a GTX 1050 GPU.
I bought it in March 2017 and had problems with it ever since.

In 2018 and 2019 i had the motherboard replaced on it 3 times, the whole cooling system 2 times because it just wouldn't turn on and it freezing all over the place.

It's running very hot, i'm talking about 65° C idle on CPU and 60° C idle on GPU with fans running at 100% speed, when I start any game, it instanly thermal throttles.
I cleaned it like 2 weeks ago, so cleaning shoudn't be a fix.

I tried undervolting the CPU using ThrottleStop, didn't work.

Another very annoying problem that i have is:
I'm using it with an external 27" monitor as my main screen, and using the laptop's built-in screen for watching something while gaming, discord, things like that.
When i'm playing any 60fps content on the second screen while gaming on the main screen, my game instantly starts becoming laggy. My FPS is still over 75 (which is the refresh rate of my monitor) but it feels like 30 fps.

I really need a fix for these problems, please help me.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

What are you ambient room air temps? If your ambient room temps are high and then you're getting 65 Deg C, you might want to see if replacing the thermal paste helps. You can also inspect your cooling assembly(vents) to see if there are any dust/debris blocking the exhausts and/or intakes. Out of curiosity, what brand of thermal paste did you use? What are you undervolt settings in ThrottleStop and is it enabled as a task during OS startup?

Speaking of OS, what version of Windows 10 are you working with and what BIOS version is on the laptop at the time of writing?

May 6, 2021
22-23 °C ambient temperature
I didn't ever touch the thermal paste myself so I don't know the brand of it
ThrottleStop settings: https://prnt.sc/12kw8p0
Didn't set it as a task during OS startup
Windows 10 Pro for Workstations version 20H2 (build 19042.928)
BIOS Version 308 from 29/04/2019