Laptop Saying no Boot Device

darkling1015

Commendable
Jun 28, 2016
Good day all,

I recently formatted my girlfriends Laptop after it started to give a lot of issues and she asked that I load windows 10 for her. I have formatted a lot of laptops and also upgraded a few of them over the last few months and they all worked perfectly.

After I formatted her hard drive using my computer tower (her laptop did not want to enable me to format it) I reinstalled the HDD and it kept on giving me the message that no bootable device is found.

I went and checked in the bios and it picks up the hard drive but it does not want to boot at all.

Could it be because I used my tower to load windows?

Or can it be that the laptop does not support Windows 10?

It is a:
Fujitsu Lifebook
A Series
Model AH532/G21

Solution

USAFRet

Titan

You installed the OS while it was in the desktop?
And then you put it in the laptop?

Yeah, that's not going to work.

1. The boot partition now lives on a different drive in your desktop
2. Moving a drive with an installed OS between a desktop and a laptop usually does not work.

Put the drive back into the laptop, and reinstall the OS while it is in the laptop.

Solution

darkling1015

Commendable
Jun 28, 2016
Ok cool I will have a look as the laptop did not want to boot from my usb and it was only the Laptop hardrive installed in my tower when I formatted it. I removed all my HDD's.

darkling1015

Commendable
Jun 28, 2016
I tried to use a bootable disc again with the hard drive in the laptop to format it and it still said the same. Then I used a disc to try and install the OS from a disc and still no luck.

Could it be that the Laptop is not compatible with windows 10 as this is what I am trying to boot from these devices?

USAFRet

Titan

Highly doubtful. I have a 7 year old low end Toshiba running Win 10 just fine.