[SOLVED] Laptop Sceen Replacement

Jan 15, 2021
I have a pavilion 15 CC series laptop and I want to replace the damaged screen but dont want another touchscreen. Is it possible and can any 40 pin connector displays work?

Solution
Best to take your laptop model, head to ebay, amazon, alibaba, aliexpress, etc and type in replacement screen and the model of the computer. Your compatible options will typically show up. Some will be non-touch screens that should fit.

No, not just any 40-pin LCD will necessarily work, you want it to screw into the place the old one was, and the hinges and all that to work. Often the holes for the bottom of the laptop screen go through one of the screws for the hinges on each side.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Best to take your laptop model, head to ebay, amazon, alibaba, aliexpress, etc and type in replacement screen and the model of the computer. Your compatible options will typically show up. Some will be non-touch screens that should fit.

No, not just any 40-pin LCD will necessarily work, you want it to screw into the place the old one was, and the hinges and all that to work. Often the holes for the bottom of the laptop screen go through one of the screws for the hinges on each side.

Solution

natcha12

Honorable
Sep 1, 2015
Generally, to save production costs, similar laptop runs with only a few differences in specs will have the same internal layout, to a point. If your model has a similar one in the lineup with a non touchscreen, chances are it's compatible, but don't quote me on that :p

Without knowing the exact model i can't recommend anything either