Laptop screen change

Sep 25, 2018
I have a lenovo 510s-14ikb laptop with a broken screen (the lcd looks like teared up or something), I'm looking for a replacement but I don't know which one should I buy, I found a cheap screen that I'm thinking about buying but It's not exactly the same model (its the IDEAPAD 500-15ACZ)

Should I buy that one, will it work?
What should I look for when buying a replacement?

Scottray

Reputable
Jul 14, 2016
The problem is how do you know if it's exactly the same size and thickness to fit correctly in the case of the laptop? Also, the video connector might be the same pin count, but the pins definitions maybe arranged differently. A cheap screen is still a waste of money if it doesn't work in your laptop.

Sep 25, 2018
In other site it said that if the screen has the same size, Video Connector and resolution I can use it, but I wanted someone experienced to tell me :(

what you need is to look on the screen for the service part number of the screen. then google it for people that have it and it oem replacement. with screens they can be matt or gloss screens and the max video output may not be the same.

Scottray

Reputable
Jul 14, 2016
The problem is how do you know if it's exactly the same size and thickness to fit correctly in the case of the laptop? Also, the video connector might be the same pin count, but the pins definitions maybe arranged differently. A cheap screen is still a waste of money if it doesn't work in your laptop.

ASK THE COMMUNITY