Question Laptop screen color is half

metamorposiss

Commendable
Jul 25, 2018
Good day, just the other day my laptop(Ideapad 330-15arr) screen is working fine then it just suddenly and became like that(see attachment below) ). I restarted it and the problem still persists(its also present in bios) and i connected it to a monitor and the problem doesn't exist. Is the problem the screen or the connector of the screen or something else? Thanks!
IMG 20201204 190934 - Extraimage.net (extraimages.net)
IMG 20201129 104247 - Extraimage.net (extraimages.net)
Additional Question is will it damage anything like my motherboard if i continue to use it like that for the mean time?

Last edited:

xenthia

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2012
Good day, just the other day my laptop(Ideapad 330-15arr) screen is working fine then it just suddenly and became like that(IMG_20201204_190934.jpg - Google Drive). I restarted it and the problem still persists(its also present in bios) and i connected it to a monitor and the problem doesn't exist. Is the problem the screen or the connector of the screen or something else? Thanks! (other Photo 2)
I couldn't see the pictures could you upload them somewhere else?

xenthia

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2012
Sorry for the inconvenience, i uploaded it on a different site and here is the link. And here is another picture of the problem photo 2.

IMG 20201204 190934 - Extraimage.net (extraimages.net)
IMG 20201129 104247 - Extraimage.net (extraimages.net)
Thank you now I can see the pictures.
It appears that since you are not experiencing this problem with an external monitor, the internal monitor cables in your Laptop, like the wire that connects your laptops motherboard to your LCD, must have been damaged due to rapid opening or closing of the lid, or some other form of damage like dropping the laptop or a hit or something. If this is in fact the case the technical support or the certified repair shops for your product can fix the issue without much hassle, they only need to replace an internal cable. or worst case scenario repair some connectors.

But you might also want to wait for a second opinion on this forum. There might be something else the issue.

metamorposiss

Commendable
Jul 25, 2018
Thank you now I can see the pictures.
It appears that since you are not experiencing this problem with an external monitor, the internal monitor cables in your Laptop, like the wire that connects your laptops motherboard to your LCD, must have been damaged due to rapid opening or closing of the lid, or some other form of damage like dropping the laptop or a hit or something. If this is in fact the case the technical support or the certified repair shops for your product can fix the issue without much hassle, they only need to replace an internal cable. or worst case scenario repair some connectors.

But you might also want to wait for a second opinion on this forum. There might be something else the issue.
Thank you!

Reactions: xenthia

xenthia

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2012
Additional Question is will it damage anything like my motherboard if i continue to use it like that for the mean time?
depends on many things. Like where the damage is really located, and what standards it uses, personally I would not continue to use it in this condition. But if you have to, like if you have to finish working on some project for a few hours, and if only a wire is damaged, and not a circuit or a component, it must be fine. Also, you always have the option of turning off the built-in display, using your function keys when you are in dual monitor mode, and only use the external monitor for these few hours to make things a bit safer.
It is best that this device is repaired.

Reactions: metamorposiss