Question Laptop screen does not work after repaste

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jadore

Prominent
Aug 31, 2021
Hello, my laptop screen (asus rog zephyrus m 15 gu502gu) after repaste (not liquid metal) does not work anymore. Everything else is fine infact now i am using the pc with the external monitor connected with display port cable.
I think that the problem is the eDP cable that connect the motherboard to display or the eDP connector on the mobo, but i ask here to be sure that isn't something that i'm not thinking about.
Things that i already tried:

Remove the extra ram slot;
Remove the CMOS battery;
Check if the cable connector or MOBO connector are damaged;

Also, i cannot even enter in the bios, probably because the Laptop can enter in it only with dedicate display and when i try to boot into bios windows 10 start automatically, so i assume that there is absolutely no signal to the monitor.
Thank you for the attention.

Hello, my laptop screen (asus rog zephyrus m 15 gu502gu) after repaste (not liquid metal) does not work anymore. Everything else is fine infact now i am using the pc with the external monitor connected with display port cable.
I think that the problem is the eDP cable that connect the motherboard to display or the eDP connector on the mobo, but i ask here to be sure that isn't something that i'm not thinking about.
Things that i already tried:

Remove the extra ram slot;
Remove the CMOS battery;
Check if the cable connector or MOBO connector are damaged;

Also, i cannot even enter in the bios, probably because the Laptop can enter in it only with dedicate display and when i try to boot into bios windows 10 start automatically, so i assume that there is absolutely no signal to the monitor.
Thank you for the attention.
Hi, you are probably correct, given the fact that it worked before and is now working with an external monitor

the connector between the motherboard and the screen is probably broken/disconnected

I would check the connection to make sure it's properly seated

Reactions: Jadore

Jadore

Prominent
Aug 31, 2021
Hi, you are probably correct, given the fact that it worked before and is now working with an external monitor

the connector between the motherboard and the screen is probably broken/disconnected

I would check the connection to make sure it's properly seated

on the mobo side i tried multiple times to disconnect and reconnect the eDP. I was thinkink about a connector eDP to DP to connect the laptop to external monitor so i can understand if the damage is on cable side or on mobo side. However i didn't find this cable on online shop

Status
Not open for further replies.