Question Laptop screen flickering HARDWARE

Jamie-b

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2014
Hi,
I have an Acer Aspire E15 E5, after closing the lid (maybe a little hard) and opening it again the left 1/3 of the screen was completely black.
I gave it some more percussive maintenance in the form of a few taps to the lid and a vertical bar in the middle of the dead 1/3 cam back alive.
Another couple of taps and the rest of the screen came back alive but was flickering/flashing very vividly.
I removed the screen, blew out the connector and put it back together and now the flickering/flashing no longer gives me a seizure, it is still there but alot more faint.

Question: Does this sound like a fault with the screen or cable? Besides having a spare screen is there a way to isolate the issue to screen or cable?

Thanks!

Jamie-b

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2014
Take the laptop apart and reseat the display cable worth a try. Might even want to leave it apart when you turn it back on, then you can mess with the cable and see if it changes anything.
Yes sorry that is what i meant in the last step when i say i removed the screen and blew out the connector. I also did leave it on and played with the cable but didnt seem to make a difference..
However today i turned it on and the flashing has gone all together - It is all good

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS