[SOLVED] Laptop Screen Flickering Issue

Solution
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

If you can't recreate the problem at your office, you might want to see what the problem is at their(your client's)end. You might want to see if the laptop needs any driver updates. I noticed in the video that the screen has a black section move from left to right...is that the problem you're referring to? That looks to me like what you'd see way back when if you had a camera with a slower refresh rate than the display. Maybe see if the laptop has a BIOS update pending but it could be a power delivery issue or the panel isn't up to the standard(QC issue).

No offence but if you're asking here how to diagnose a laptop issue(which I'm assuming you'd sold to client) you should replace the laptop for your...

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

If you can't recreate the problem at your office, you might want to see what the problem is at their(your client's)end. You might want to see if the laptop needs any driver updates. I noticed in the video that the screen has a black section move from left to right...is that the problem you're referring to? That looks to me like what you'd see way back when if you had a camera with a slower refresh rate than the display. Maybe see if the laptop has a BIOS update pending but it could be a power delivery issue or the panel isn't up to the standard(QC issue).

No offence but if you're asking here how to diagnose a laptop issue(which I'm assuming you'd sold to client) you should replace the laptop for your client, to minimize any down time for your client and then take it up with Asus, provided you can't narrow the problem down.

Solution
Sep 5, 2020
I noticed in the video that the screen has a black section move from left to right...is that the problem you're referring to?

Yeah what is unusual about that video is that the panning black section seems to change from horizontal to vertical when she turns the camera and this makes me thinking similar to what you are thinking about this being something somehow introduced by the video. But unfortunately I have never seen the error myself so it's very difficult. I'm wondering is it something to do with Zoom maybe. That's what I'm looking in to at the moment.

No offence but if you're asking here how to diagnose a laptop issue(which I'm assuming you'd sold to client) you should replace the laptop for your client, to minimize any down time for your client and then take it up with Asus, provided you can't narrow the problem down.

Yeah, the person already has a replacement, but people have been going hard on the laptops over the COVID period. We are running out of spares at this stage!

TRENDING THREADS