Laptop screen goes black after flickering and creating static noise

TonyCuvi

Commendable
Nov 27, 2016
Since last night my laptop computer (Acer aspire 5532 with windows 7) seems to be temperamental with the inbuilt screen. On this computer, if you press Fn F6, you can darken the screen so it seems like it is turned off, but with a move of the mouse the screen comes back to it's normal brightness setting. Since last night, it's been stuck on the former, completely black. If I press Fn F6 and move the mouse, it briefly comes back to it's normal brightness setting, before flickering and emitting a static buzz, and going back to black (no pun intended with ACDC).
I currently have it connected via HDMI to a monitor. Any help of any kind is strongly appreciated!

Solution
being it is a ccfl back iit screen it uses an inverter board not needed on a led back lit screen so it sounds like that inverter board is dying so you need to find another one to use for that screen.

TonyCuvi

Commendable
Nov 27, 2016

No problem at all with the external monitor, no. The static is coming from right underneath the screen, close to the speakers but I´m pretty sure it isn´t them. The screen is connected to the rest of the laptop via two hinges that allow the screen to be closed or opened, right? The noise seems to originate from the area of those two hinges. Could it be a broken wire or faulty connection?