[SOLVED] Laptop screen goes black after plugging in the charger ?

Feb 12, 2021
Backstory for information: Just bought and installed a new stick of Crucial 4gb (CT8G4S don't know the rest of the model number) the stick has 2400mhz of frequency, CL17 cache latency, and 1.2v voltage. The exact laptop I installed the RAM on is a Lenovo IdeaPad 330s 15-ARR with the Ryzen 5 2500u.

All was fine and dandy until I plugged in the charger for laptop. The laptop screen instantly turns black and doesn't come back on when I unplug the charger.

Whenever I shut down the laptop by holding the power button, it usually makes a little squeak when it does eventually shut down. However, this does not happen when the "plugging the laptop in" issue was in-place.

I suspect it's some sort of short but the charger inlet for the laptop is a whole motherboard away from the hard drive, so it may be a RAM issue or something.

I'd greatly appreciate it if someone does tell me the issue due to my dad being furious about this :/

Solution
It certainly is not related to RAM module. Short in RAM power rail would end with impossibility to finish POST procedure and not booting laptop. It looks like bad contact in LVDS display panel connector or it surroundings. When charger is plugged in, it dislodge display panel connector and screen goes dark in result. Disassemble laptop again and reseat display panel connector. check other connectors around are they in place too. Zooming lens and flashlight in help. DO NOT DROP METALLIC CRUMBS INSIDE LVDS CONNECTOR (and other connectors).
It certainly is not related to RAM module. Short in RAM power rail would end with impossibility to finish POST procedure and not booting laptop. It looks like bad contact in LVDS display panel connector or it surroundings. When charger is plugged in, it dislodge display panel connector and screen goes dark in result. Disassemble laptop again and reseat display panel connector. check other connectors around are they in place too. Zooming lens and flashlight in help. DO NOT DROP METALLIC CRUMBS INSIDE LVDS CONNECTOR (and other connectors).

Solution