Question laptop screen goes black but it keeps running when using earphones(bluetooth and wired)

Abhijeet M

Prominent
Jul 21, 2021
The display randomly goes completely black when i'm watching videos on youtube with earphones plugged or bluetooth earphones connected.The power led stays on and I can hear the fans running but the screen and audio turn off.Only way to get back display is power cycling the laptop by holding down power button.Before this problem started the bluetooth used to randomly turn off and I had to reboot to get it work again.
my laptop model is :
Vaio E Series NE15V2IN007P
ryzen 5 3500u,8gigs ram,512gb ssd

Abhijeet M

Prominent
Jul 21, 2021
seams more like a power issue try running the laptop with just a charger no batterie and see if it stays running with YouTube
the battery isnt removable ,and its under warranty.
but if its a software issue I dont wanna just bother to contact the support team,so trying to isolate the isssue with help here.

perrynick17

Commendable
BANNED
Dec 30, 2018
I think you would see a bluescreen of death if it was a corrupt software issue or driver failure, you could start an RMA with the company, you will have to pay for shipping to them but they will send it back either fixed or replaced