Question Laptop screen going bad?

tas9195

Commendable
Jan 27, 2020
So the other night I was using my laptop. An LG Gram 17". Got done and closed the laptop and plugged it in and then went to bed. The next day after work I got home and opened the laptop and the screen was blotchy. looks like if you took fried chicken and put it on a paper towel an the towel soaked up the grease. I emailed LG and sent a picture. The response was thanks for sending the picture. It is definitely a hardware issue. They brought up warranty which it is past warranty by 6 months. Imagine that. They said to send it to them and it would cost 500 to repair. How can they say how much if they haven't even looked at it an assessed the situation. I questioned them and have never gotten a response back. Can someone tell me what might cause this. I don't believe it is moisture. It sat in the same location indoors every night. Thanks for any help...…Don't see how to upload image from my computer

Nephern

Prominent
Sep 20, 2022
Please describe your issue in further detail, what kind of blotches, are they still see through or are they black or purple?

See Through: most likely a water damage issue, if you have any water nearby or are in a very wet climate it can also cause this.

Black/Purple Blotches: this is a LCD error and the pixels in those areas have died.

LG overprices things either way, if you want the job done cheaper, go to a local repair shop, you can get them to do it for half or even a quarter of the price.

tas9195

Commendable
Jan 27, 2020
Well I can see the web page on top of the blotches. It is black and white appearance. I have a picture just don't see where to upload. No purple color