Laptop Screen Has Light Flickering

IisGamer

Reputable
Mar 24, 2016
Hello all! I've been recently having troubles with a laptop I have had for around 4 years. It has an APU, so the graphics are sort of integrated with the processor. What occurs is, the screen has light flickering. It is sort of hard to explain. It almost looks like the brightness is flickering (its not that but thats what it looks like) because the screen will get lighter then darker really fast, almost like stuttering. If you need more information, I will be more than happy to provide you with more. Any assistance will be appreciated. Cheers,

IisGamer

Solution
This sounds like hardware failure. You could try to take apart the laptop to make sure all connectors are properly attached, but it's possible you make it even worse or that you can't fix it. I'd consider trying to use an external display, since it will confirm whether this is hardware failure or not. If it is hardware failure, then you'd probably have to replace the laptop, or keep using the external display if that is not possible.

Epsilon_0EVP

Honorable
Jun 27, 2012
This sounds like hardware failure. You could try to take apart the laptop to make sure all connectors are properly attached, but it's possible you make it even worse or that you can't fix it. I'd consider trying to use an external display, since it will confirm whether this is hardware failure or not. If it is hardware failure, then you'd probably have to replace the laptop, or keep using the external display if that is not possible.

Solution

IisGamer

Reputable
Mar 24, 2016

That's along the lines of what I was thinking. This problem is no big deal because I got a new laptop but the old one is for gaming. It is usable but very annoying. Thanks for the answer.

TRENDING THREADS