Laptop screen is acting up

gamer20111

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2011
Hello, I have a Hp Pavilion dv6-3160us laptop. I have had it for about 4 months. The past week my laptop screen started doing a type of flickering. It is hard to explain and I looked it up but it isn't any of the flickerings they showed. There is I would say like 4 or 5 rows with shadow lines between them. This scrolls up the screen and sometimes gets pretty bad, but I can still see everything and then sometimes it barely does it. It mostly gets really bad when I tilt my laptop, but still does it even when I don't tilt it. I have narrowed it down to either being the video card or the screen itself going out. (I do use it a lot). It also overheats pretty badly especially when playing stuff like games or watching movies. I'm just wondering if the heat maybe fried my video card or what? Any help would be appreciated!

eaglewe3

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2011

Mine is doing that too and i can not find an answers about why it is doing that. Did you fix yours?

gamer20111

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2011
Yes Hp repaired it..they said it had to do something with the vents or what not, can't really remember now exactly what they said, but what sucks is about maybe less than a month later the screen started acting up again after it was repaired..now its just getting worse and worse again but this time the screen is going white instead of black. I haven't got around to getting it repaired again, I'm not too happy with HP right now and the laptop helps with college work so gotta wait to get it repaired..hopefully it last until Christmas or I will be even more unhappy than I am now!