Question Laptop screen is dead

Oct 7, 2022
So I turned on my laptop, and the screen is all black. No logo or anything, just a black screen. I can hear it starting up and the light indicating that it's running comes on fine, just nothing on the screen.

There's a crack in the plastic on the back of the screen, which has been there for months (I put some duct tape on it), so I started thinking if it could be a damaged monitor cable, but in that case I would suspect that pressing, squeezing and twisting the screen a bit around the crack would at least make the screen flicker or something. It doesn't.

So, what else could the issue be, and do I have any chance of fixing it?

So I turned on my laptop, and the screen is all black. No logo or anything, just a black screen. I can hear it starting up and the light indicating that it's running comes on fine, just nothing on the screen.

There's a crack in the plastic on the back of the screen, which has been there for months (I put some duct tape on it), so I started thinking if it could be a damaged monitor cable, but in that case I would suspect that pressing, squeezing and twisting the screen a bit around the crack would at least make the screen flicker or something. It doesn't.

So, what else could the issue be, and do I have any chance of fixing it?
What laptop is it?