Laptop screen not displaying

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 5, 2018
My laptop screen cracked a while ago so I bought a replacement screen. When I fire up the laptop with the new screen it lights up but doesn’t display an image. The screen brightness controls work. When I used an external monitor with an hdmi the laptop displayed perfectly. When I use my old cracked screen, the right half of the screen works fine. Any thoughts?

Solution
Either the replacement is not the correct one for that laptop, it is faulty or it isn't being connected correctly. Since you can connect the old one correctly, doesn't sound like it is option 3.

I would contact the place you bought it from and get them to either send you a working one, or send you the right model for that device.
Either the replacement is not the correct one for that laptop, it is faulty or it isn't being connected correctly. Since you can connect the old one correctly, doesn't sound like it is option 3.

I would contact the place you bought it from and get them to either send you a working one, or send you the right model for that device.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.